Talks (* indicates invited)
Upcoming - all of these have been postponed in view of COVID-2019 unless otherwise noted.
"The Conscription of Political Representatives," Political Representation Panel, Pacific Division Meeting of the APA, San Francisco, April 9, 2020 *
"The Conscription of Political Representatives," UCSD Political Theory Workshop, San Diego, April 13, 2020 * (on Zoom)
"Democracy Within, Justice Without: The Duties of Informal Political Representatives," UCLA Legal Theory Workshop, April 16, 2020 * (on Zoom)
"You Say I Want a Revolution," Philosophy Desert Workshop, Moab, Utah, April 17-19, 2020 *
TBA, Stanford Political Theory Workshop, Stanford, May 1, 2020 *
TBA, PPE Workshop, King's College London Political Economy Department, London, May 22-23, 2020 *
"Speaking for Others from the Bench," Judges as Representatives, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, June 22-23, 2020 *
"Speaking for Others From the Bench," Legal Philosophy Workshop, University of Southern California, June 25-26, 2020
TBA, Dartmouth Summer Economics and Philosophy Workshop, August 6-7, 2020 *
TBA, Constructing Social Hierarchies Workshop, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, July 13-16, 2020 * (rescheduled to July 2021)
"The Conscription of Political Representatives"
- The Center for Ethical and Sustainable Business, San Francisco State University, November 21, 2019 *
- Department of Philosophy, University of California-Merced, November 2019 *
- Vancouver Summer Philosophy Conference, Vancouver, August 2019
- Department of Law, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, June 2019 *
- Bechtel Workshop, Northwestern University, September 2018
- Rights and Wrongs: A Constitution Day Conference, San Francisco State University, September 2018
- Workshop on Economics and Philosophy, Santa Fe, August 2018 *
- ConceptLab, University of Oslo, June 2018 *
"The Limits of Similitude and Deference: Reexamining Core Principles of Political Representation"
- North American Society for Social Philosophy, San Francisco, July 2019
- Gender, Race, and Sexuality Seminar, Department of Philosophy, Universitat de Barcelona, June 2019 *
- Stanford Minorities and Philosophy (MAP) Conference, Stanford University, April 2019 *
- PPE Society, Costs and Benefits of Diversity Panel, New Orleans, March 2019 *
"Judicial Representation: Speaking for Others from the Bench"
- PPE Society, Law and Economics: Criticisms and Alternatives Panel, New Orleans, March 2019 *
- Beyond Disadvantage: Disability, Law, and Bioethics, Petrie-Flom Center, Harvard Law School, June 2018
"Faceless Witnesses and the Frustration of Due Process"
"Democracy Within, Justice Without: The Duties of Informal Representatives"
- California Philosophy Workshop, Malibu, October 2018 *
- The New York City Minorities and Philosophy Spring Workshop Series, NYU, May 2018
- Harvard Horizons Symposium, Harvard University, April 2018
- Princeton Workshop in Social Philosophy (PWISP), Princeton University, February 2018
- Submitted Symposium, Central Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association, Chicago, February 2018
- Feminism, Philosophy, and Engaging the Public, Philosophical and Political Communities and Representation Panel, CSWIP, October 2017
- Philosophers' Cocoon Philosophy Conference, University of Tampa, October 2017
- Feminist Ethics and Social Theory (FEAST), Justice Panel, October 2017
- MANCEPT, Moral Equality and Equal Respect Panel, September 2017
- APSA, Representative Legitimacy Under Strain Panel with Jane Mansbridge, Laura Montanaro, and Nadia Urbinati, August 2017
- Caribbean Philosophical Association Annual Meeting, New York, June 2017
- Mentoring Workshop for Pre-tenure Women in Philosophy, Salt Lake City, June 2017
- Harvard Race and Ethnicity Working Group, Harvard University, March 2017
- Workshop on Gender and Philosophy (WOGAP), MIT, February 2017
- Department of Philosophy, San Francisco State University, January 2017 *
- Department of Philosophy, Northwestern University, January 2017 *
"When Academic Freedom Becomes Responsibility: The Relationship Between Scholarship and Spokespersonship"
- Pacific Division Meeting of the American Philosophical Association, San Diego, March 2018 *
"A Triadic Distinction and the Fourth Estate"
- Talk-Shop, Department of Philosophy, Harvard University, November 2017
"Speaking For, Speaking About, Speaking Out"
- Moral and Political Philosophy Workshop, Harvard University, October 2017
"Episode 029: Wendy Salkin on Informal Representation," The UnMute Podcast with Myisha Cherry, October 2017
"Why Stop Snitching? Morally Evaluating Confidential Informants"
- Harvard-Edinburgh Legal Theory Colloquium, University of Edinburgh, February 2017
- Legal Philosophy Workshop, Queen’s University, Ontario, June 2016
- Talk-Shop, Department of Philosophy, Harvard University, April 2016
- Police, Prisons, and Power Conference, CUNY Graduate Center, 2013
- Society of the Dirty Leviathan Political Philosophy Retreat, Stanford, 2013
"Free Speech / Hate Speech" with Ronni Gura Sadovsky
- MIT Day of Action, Day of Engagement, April 2017
"Muscular Dystrophy and Medical Solidarity: An Essay on Rare Diseases and Common Causes"
- Petrie-Flom Center Student Fellows Lunch Talk, Harvard Law School, March 2017
"The Perils and Promise of Informal Political Representation"
- Moral and Political Philosophy Workshop, Harvard University, October 2016
"Informal Political Representation and the Possibility of Democratic Legitimacy"
- Philosophy of ‘Race’ and Racism Conference, University of Oxford, June 2016
"The Complaints of the Represented"
- Moral and Political Philosophy Workshop, Harvard University, April 2016
"Informal Political Representatives"
- UCLA Law and Philosophy Graduate Conference, April 2016
- Talk-Shop, Department of Philosophy, Harvard University, November 2015
"Informal Group Representation"
- Society of the Dirty Leviathan Political Philosophy Retreat, Stanford, 2011
- Moral and Political Philosophy Workshop, Harvard University, 2010
On Aleksy Tarasenko Struc, "Objectification and Domination," Bay Area Feminism and Philosophy Workshop, May 2019
On Peter Railton, "A Convenient Truth? Subjective Well-Being and Global Climate Change," NUSTEP Keynote Lecture, May 2019
On Colin Bossen, "The Populist Imagination: A White Man's Republic," * The Minns Lectures, Boston, MA, April 2019
On Christopher Lewis, "Inequality, Risk, and the Principles of Punishment," Workshop on Law and Philosophy, Stanford University, December 2018
On Amy Berg, “Bright Lines in Juvenile Justice,” Mentoring Workshop for Pre-tenure Women in Philosophy, Salt Lake City, June 2017
On Lee-Ann Chae, “Hoping for Peace," Mentoring Workshop for Pre-tenure Women in Philosophy, Salt Lake City, June 2017
On Joseph Frigault, “Fair Play, White Privilege, and Black Reparations," Pacific Division Meeting of the APA, Seattle, April 2017
On Freeman and Stewart, “Microaggressions in Clinical Medicine” Eastern Division Meeting of the APA, Baltimore, January 2017
On Karl Schafer, “Rationality as the Capacity for Understanding,” Midsummer Philosophy Workshop, Cambridge, June 2016
Ask a Philosopher Panel, Department of Philosophy, San Francisco State University, November 2018
Philosophy in an Inclusive Key (PIKSI) Boston, MIT, Cambridge, MA, June 2017
Censorship in South Florida and Beyond, Museum of Contemporary Art, Miami, August 2016
Feminist Philosophy and Essentialism Conference, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, 2012